I have developed the extension on a Windows7 x64 machine, so that shouldn't be the problem. Logging might be implemented in a future version.
Seems strange that you can't see the highlighterr fonts in the fonts and colours settings, they should all be named "Highlighterr Xxx" (where Xxx is the particular type). They should get added in as soon as the extension is installed, and
they should remain after the extension is uninstalled (to remember previous values).
Did you try reinstall the extension? I guess it's possible that it didn't install properly. Also note that for me, whenever I install the release version, the first time I open VS, only the HLSL highlighting seems to work. After restarting VS, the C++ highlighting
becomes active (still trying to figure out what causes that).
There are a couple of other reasons why the C++ highlighting could be inactive:
- If the current project is a CLI project. Unfortunately CLI isn't supported by the new intellisense, so probably nothing would be highlighted. I don't have a CLI project to test with at the moment, I probably should make one, just to verify those claims.
- If the solution doesn't have an SDF file (or it's not a VS2010 solution...), or if the SDF file can't be found for some reason. The latest version will popup a messagebox if it has a problem loading the SDF.
- If there was some other error creating the VC2010 objects (maybe the project isn't a VC2010 project - the latest version will popup a messagebox in this case).
If none of these things help, you can download the source and run it in debug mode. You'll need the Visual Studio 2010 SDK and Visual C# 2010 installed. Once the solution is open, you should be able to debug it just by hitting the run button. A good place
to start troubleshooting the C++ highlighting would be in the constructor of the Intellisenser class, and the property IsActive on the Intellisenser (should get set in the constructor somewhere).
Hope this helps,