Highlighterr always tell me:"encountered an error while trying to load the current solution's SDF file"

Dec 25, 2010 at 4:04 AM

I am a Chinese and my English is not good, please forgive me.

I was very angry, Highlighterr always tells me unable to load the SDF, not only the code syntax failure, even the IDE freezes up.It told me that another user has open SDF, this is the only error Diagnostics. I already try to disable "SDF automatic update feature, but the problem persists.Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem?

Coordinator
Dec 28, 2010 at 10:58 AM

Hi jhk,

I'm not sure on what could cause the "another user has open SDF" error - can you please give me some more information on how your VS intellisense options are configured? And any changes to the default intellisense options that you may have made. Highlighterr shouldn't require exclusive access to the SDF database...

I did however encounter the problem with the IDE freezing the other day, for me this happens when I try to open a C/C++ file without a solution open. I believe it is caused by the error message box itself. This has made me think that I need a different approach to handling exceptions within Highlighterr.

I will get some time soon to work on Highlighterr again and release a new version, hopefully I will be able to solve your problem.

Regards,

dexy

Coordinator
Jan 1, 2011 at 11:52 AM

Hi again,

I've released version 1.8 today which should stop the IDE from freezing up when opening a file when no solution is open. It also now logs full exceptions to the statistics dialog.

If you still encounter this problem when running version 1.8, could you please copy-paste the error log (in the Highlighterr statistics dialog, right-click in your code, use the Highlighterr > Statistics... option).

Thanks,

dexy